Digitalising the finance department: opportunities vs challenges
The new decade is upon us, and large corporations are looking at ways to digitise b2b finance. On one side, is the thrilling opportunity of freeing up working capital, reducing paper invoices and wasted time shuffling through duplicates. On the other, is the challenge of collaborating with IT departments, getting the executive buy-in, while keeping an eye out for risks such as cybercrime.
- Which technologies should be at the top of the list for finance innovation?
- Are finance teams keeping up regarding digital transformation compared to other functional groups?
- What is the most challenging aspect of digitalising the finance function?
- Does automating payments actually optimise existing payment systems?
- Can a company cut costs by automating payments? Which ones?