A knowledge sharing group dedicated to CFOs and finance leaders of prominent enterprises in Dubai. The group meets every two months to discuss topical issues selected by the members.
8:30 AM – Introduction to The Ortus Club Group
8:45 AM – Members Introduction
9:00 AM – Breakfast
9:30 AM – Learning Session by Key Participant
10:00 AM – Group Discussion by Paul Micallef
11:00 AM – Coffee Break
11:15 AM – “Hot Seating” segment
12:00 PM – Closing
The “hot seating” segment involves selecting a single member of the CFO group and giving all other members the opportunity to ask specific and pertinent questions related to his/her activities
The Evolving Role of the CFO
The rise of the digital economy has faced finance professionals with the challenge of turning the current market reality into their advantage.
New business models should not be held back by disconnected finance processes and legacy technology platforms, as they should instead be moving forward along with the digital revolution.
CFOs should then envision a future wherein they are equipped with the information they need to make decisions right away without having to wait for end of the month results or annual reports.
We will be discussing:
– The various functions in the finance area that will be affected by the digitization of business models.
– The challenges finance leaders currently face in Dubai.
– How CFOs can remain successful and relevant in a digital era.
- Group CFO of Tech Group
- Group CFO of Private Utility & EPC Company
- Group CFO, Agri-Business of Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
- Group Financial Controller of Moby Media Group
- CFO of ENBD REIT
- CFO of Bukhatir Education Advancement & Management International
- CFO, Middle East & Asia Pacific of The Regus Group
- CFO of Krishna International
- CFO, Middle East, North Africa, Turkey & Pakistan region of GE
- CFO of Al Mansoori Petroleum Services
- CFO of Aimia
- CFO of We Want Traffic Digital
- CFO, Middle East of Permasteelisa Group
- CFO of Freightworks
- CFO of Roshan
- CFO of Olam