Topic: Challenges and Benefits of Handling Digital Information
What is the difference between electronic and digital information?
Hint: the difference stems from the multitude ways by which digital technology has empowered individuals to CAPTURE and DISSEMINATE information. Unless we understand how digital transformation has impacted our businesses and the way most consumers, and even our own employees, capture and disseminate information, it will be very difficult for us to cope with all the digital information that is now being produced, let alone prepare our own enterprises for the challenges and benefits of handling digital information.
Challenges and Benefits
Challenges will then center around how to ensure that the capture, storage, contextualization and dissemination of digital information can be done cost effectively, and whether or not existing IT infrastructure will suffice or will require redesign and redeployment.
The benefits that an organization hopes to derive from digital information will then drive how much and what type of digital information should be encouraged within the company, without prejudice to personal data privacy.
We will be discussing:
- What new digital ways of capturing information are being put to use on a day-to-day basis by consumers and individuals?
- What are the relevant characteristics of digital information?
- What challenges are faced by enterprises in storing, cataloguing and securing digital information?
- What guidelines, if any, have been established or being defined by organizations in order to maximize the benefits of digital information?
- What products, platforms and mechanisms are available to facilitate the handling of digital information, while ensuring compliance with both corporate and personal data privacy compliance?
Optional preparation material
- The relevant characteristics of digital information: click here
- Example of a platform that helps manage the potential information overloadÂ Captricity, Digitization And The Reduction Of Paper Mountains: click here