Digitising the finance department: opportunities vs challenges
2020 is approaching, and large corporations are looking at ways to digitise b2b finance. On one side is the thrilling opportunity of freeing up working capital, reducing paper invoices and wasted time shuffling through duplicates. On the other is the challenge of collaborating with IT departments, getting the executive buy-in, while keeping an eye out for risks such as cybercrime.
- Which technologies should be at the top of the list for finance innovation?
- Are finance teams keeping up with regards to digital transformation compared to other functional groups?
- What is the most challenging aspect of digitalizing the finance function?
- Does automating payments actually optimize existing payment systems?
- Can a company cut costs by automating payments? Which ones?
6:30 pm: Arrival of guests and reception
7:00 pm: Welcome by The Ortus Club and short address from Tradeshift
7:10 pm: Discussion instigated by the moderator and continued by the group
7:45 pm: Starters served
8:00 pm: Discussion brought to a close and guests are encouraged to continue networking
9:00 pm: Change of seats before dessert
Armani / Amal
Burj Khalifa – Level 3 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd
Acting CFO at GEMS Education
Executive Director at Finance of ALDAR
Head of MNC Banking at RAKBANK
Head of Finance at Danube Group
Head of Financial Control at Commercial Bank of Dubai
Head of Finance at Landmark Group
Head of Enterprise & Commercial Systems at Dubai Airports
Head of Finance at RAKBANK
Financial Controller at Jumeirah Group
Financial & Tax Controller at Dragon Oil
VP of Corporate Platforms & Solutions at Emirates NBD
VP of Finance Strategy & Portfolio Management at Etisalat
AVP of Finance & Business Performance at Emirates NBD
General Manager of Finance at Al Futtaim – Retail
Manager Business Planning & Analytics at Dubai Islamic Bank